Celebration of Italian culture, history and art
All about Italian flavours in and out of the kitchen
Italian beaches, lakes, mountains and countryside
Our story of travelling & living in Italy
We assume you are here because you love Italy. Or maybe you’re looking for more information about Italy before planning your trip. You’re in the right spot!
We’ve been to Italy many times over the last 20 years. We’ve even lived there at different points in our lives and we now live here permanently after moving from our home in Canada.
Are we Italian? Nope, but Alex’s family is. We have been fortunate to visit them many times and have developed a unique insight into the Italian culture. The whole point of this blog is to tell you about Italy but from an outsider’s perspective. While we’re not Roman, we live amongst them.
Recent posts from Amongst Romans
Latest stories on the blog. Let us know your favourites and
don’t forget to share it with your friends!
- A quick guide to Poetto Beach, Cagliari’s best beach
- Alberobello: exploring Puglia’s magical trulli town
- 6 Inspiring locations for Shakespeare’s plays set in Italy
- 7 Books set in Italy for thriller and mystery lovers
- 9 Spectacular national parks in Italy
- How to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Italian
- 10 Awesome things to do in Pisa, Italy: a small city with a mighty past